What Makes Sustainability Personal for You?
Our friends at Shaw are asking a great question this week during GreenBuild: What Makes Sustainability PERSONAL for You? For every response they get on twitter tagged #ShawGreenEdge until 5:00pm 11/19/2010, they will donate $1 to the Make It Right foundation, which supports green home building for those affected by Hurricane Katrina. Check out Shaw Green Edge and watch the live stream here: http://tweetchat.com/room/ShawgreenEdge.
In the spirit of sustainable giving, we polled our office with this question and here is what some of them had to say:
- It takes more energy to NOT be sustainable: stay close , use less, and experience more
- Mother Nature is trying to tell us something, let’s listen
- Through my sustainable actions: Practice, Enjoy, Spend and Share Locally
- Consider all the big and little choices with their impact on sustainability. short commute, no plastic bags, trash, windows
- Practice and always advocate for the best Sustainable design solution
- Sustainability is about creating and providing healthier living environments and lifestyles. It would be reckless to want otherwise.
- A personal impact on the environment can be achieved through small inexpensive and easily attainable steps
- I want my children to live in a healthier world, and my personal actions effect that future
- Think Global; but be, act and live local
- Sustainability isn’t about buildings or products, its about people
- A minimal impact on the natural world
- Sustainability is personal to me because it melds my two loves—great designs and environmental respect.
- I look to the future of America and hope that my family’s respect for the environment will continue to grow. We all need to take care of our part.
- Sustainability allows me to brush my teeth with clean water, and not everybody has that luxury.